Cats are very popular pets, adaptable to high survivability. Currently, the status of kittens is neglected, in part because of the loss of sterilization.
A lot of you want to adopt a kitten but don’t know how to take care of it, especially an abandoned cat.
If a kitten loses its mother, who takes care of the babies, there are many things you should know:
- Newborn cats are very soft, baby, wet hair sticking to the body.
- Cats born 2 to 3 days have not opened their eyes, droopy ears, big bellies, dry but soft fur, hugging the cat’s body.
- Between 5 and 10 days, kittens begin to open their eyes, ears are cropped, their bellies are big, the belly is little or no. The cat’s body was smaller than an adult’s hand, and started to crawl.
- After 13 days, the cat’s eyes were mostly open but cloudy, his ears began to prick. A young kitten can lift its body.
- At 3 weeks of age, kittens can stand up and play with people or other cats.
- After 4 weeks of age the cat runs and jumps.
- After 5 weeks of age, your cat will begin scratching your cat’s claws.
- Cats aged 6 weeks to 10 weeks have enough teeth, stand upright, run and jump well. Green or yellow eye color for green or yellow/orange eyes. Light blue for cats with blue eyes.
- Cats from 3 to 6 months of age, their eyes become clearer, no longer opaque, they will change their eye color at this stage again and then keep that eye color permanently. The fangs are small and clear.
- Cats over 6 months of age have very clear eyes, pupils and black color and clear iris, very white teeth, big fangs.
- Cats aged two and older are like a 6-month-old cat, but their paws begin to turn yellow, the older their teeth become. Some cats that have been given tarting will have less yellow teeth or remain white. Cats are now mature, very difficult to be friendly, it is best not to change owners after two years old.
These are the characteristics of cats for age beginners that the article just shared. Hopefully, the above information will be helpful to you!