It really all comes down how we think of the food we give our pets and how we see them as a living entity. So let me explain. First of all, holistic dog or cat care is about seeing your pet as a whole entity not just as a series of connected organs and biological systems. Holistic medicine is a belief system that considers the body as a beautifully balanced biological machine that helps protect a pet (or a person) from disease and at the same time allows it to heal itself. When a person or pet is injured or sick this balance is lost.
Modern (Allopathic) medicine says that symptoms are caused by illness, whereas holistic medicine sees the symptoms as the body’s way of fighting back and seeks to stimulate this process and accelerate it. This is where the homeopathic principle of treating like with like comes from and that means treating an illness with a substance in a healthy individual similar symptoms to those experienced by the sick individual.
Commercial pet foods (not in every case mind you) for the most part do an excellent job of draining vital minerals and nutrients during the refining process. Take the top pet foods anywhere and send a sample in for testing. We guarantee that many essential fatty acids and key vitamins will be missing. Pets survived for thousands of years on foraged food and grasses and whilst doing so also managed to self-medicate themselves. Why? Well to be sure they were hungry, but contained within were natures vital sources of all minerals they needed to survive.
So where does that leave us today? How can you protect your pet? The answer we think is to use herbal supplements. They are natures source of what’s missing in your pet food. In addition there are many natural treatments that stem from herbal sources proven to help dogs and cats in the treatment of different conditions.
In a short few lines here are the benefits of using holistic and natural pet care:
1. Better nutrition – a natural diet reduces contact with unnecessary chemicals and preservatives while increasing the intake of quality nutrients and vitamins.
2. Less probability of developing disease- Quality natural foods can reduce the onset of a variety of health problems, including allergies, digestive disorders and more.
3. Treats source of disease not just symptoms – Holistic care also looks at an animal’s surroundings for ways to improve health. Lowering potential causes of stress, such as loneliness or territorial conflicts, can be helpful in improving overall health. Sufficient exercise and grooming are also elements of good holistic care.
4. Longer lifespan – natural pet care will help pets live a long life and give you many years of faithful companionship.
5. Enhanced quality of life- there’s no use on living longer if the quality of life is not good, holistic pet care, will provide a better quality of life for your pet.
6. Faster healing – Holistic treatment of existing conditions by use of natural products will promote faster healing as natural ingredients are generally absorbed better by your pet and thus speeds the healing process.
7. Human safety – another reason for using natural pet products is the reduction in human exposure to toxins. Most pets are in frequent contact with people, especially children. Contact with a pet can mean risk of exposure to whatever is on your pet, whereas natural treatments avoid these risks.
8. Protects the environment – also, natural products breakdown and are absorbed into the environment better than chemical agents and, consequently, are more earth friendly.
9. Saves time – you won’t be wasting your time dragging your pets to the vet’s office to treat different illnesses as the holistic approach targets the individual as a whole entity, treating existing conditions from their source, not just their symptoms, and preventing new ones from developing.
10. Saves money – you won’t be wasting your money on cheaper products that ultimately can be a contributor to declining health in your pets and thereby creating more vet visit and bills.
To learn more about our products visit our online web-store AllPetNaturals.com.